Our clients typically enter into their investment or acquisition process with a set of strategic goals and evaluation criteria. Further down the transaction pipeline, once a candidate has been identified and a transaction is underway, they formulate strategic go-forward plans for the target company.
Our Strategy Practice assists investigating and resolving critical strategic issues surrounding the transaction and future plans. We ensure that the strategic objectives for entering into the transaction are being met. We identify challenges that may be inherent in the strategies pursued in future plans and work to refine and perfect such strategies if possible.
Read more about our Strategy Practice below.
The professionals who serve our Strategy Practice have conducted strategic planning at a broad range of companies in a wide variety of industries, including financial services, retailing, information technology (hardware and software), telecommunications, electronics, and pharmaceuticals. They have in-depth expertise and specialized knowledge in strategic planning techniques and methodologies, as well as rock-solid "been there, done that" intuition.
All of our team members are recognized industry experts who have been responsible for the advancement of industry thinking on critical strategic planning topics. We take strategy very seriously. For us, just as Tiger Woods mastered the game of golf and Michael Jordan mastered the game of basketball, strategy is a discipline that can be mastered. Without doubt, our Strategy Practice professionals are world-class business strategists at the top of their game.
What We Can Do For You
Our Strategy Practice professionals apply their expertise on your behalf to:
- Intimately understand the target company's business and determine if it meets your strategic investment or acquisition criteria;
- Evaluate all aspects of the post-transaction company's go-forward strategy, giving special attention to the company's position in the market and its ability to achieve desired business objectives, such as financial exits, revenue targets, and market share goals.
- Compare and contrast alternative strategies to determine the best approaches for moving forward.
Questions We Will Answer On Your Behalf
We provide answers to important questions, such as:
- Does this transaction meet our goals? What is the revenue and profitability potential for the target? Are the operating and financial synergies that we are planning on realistic? Is the price right?
- After the transaction is complete, what strategies will we pursue and why? How are the strategies we are choosing better than alternative strategies? What are the risk areas that may result in failure if not properly planned for and managed?
- Is the market segmentation we are pursuing after the transaction on target? What marketing strategies make the most sense?
- How much time and money is necessary to execute the strategies? Do the ends justify the means?
- Are the go-forward strategies for the company in harmony with evolving trends in the industry? If not, what adjustments need to be made.
- Are our organizational resources and skills consistent with the strategies we are pursuing or are we overlooking the necessary prerequisite talent that must be in place for these strategies to be successful?
Deliverables We Will Create For You
The principal deliverable prepared by the Strategy Practice is a Strategic Fit Assessment, which evaluates the strategic fit of the proposed transaction against your investment or acquisition criteria and also reviews the go-forward strategies of the post-transaction entity.
Members of our Strategy Practice will also participate in cross-practice teams that assist with the preparation of a comprehensive Post-Merger Integration Plan for our clients who are contemplating or actively moving forward with merging two entities together.