Managing the flow of material and information between consumers and suppliers is a key success factor for many businesses. Prior to investing in or acquiring a company that has distribution and logistics operations, it's extremely important to conduct a thorough due diligence evaluation.
Fortunately, the professionals in our Distribution and Logistics Practice have operations due diligence "down to an art form" and we can help you avoid any unpleasant surprises.
We can assist you in evaluating all of the core processes at the target company, including customer service and order processing, inventory planning and management, supply, transportation and distribution, and warehousing. During the project, we evaluate performance measures and goals, process design, information systems and infrastructure, and organizational design, always keeping our eyes open for important issues that need to be brought to your attention.
Read more about our Distribution and Logistics Practice below.
Our Distribution and Logistics Practice consultants have dedicated their professional lives to the pursuit of excellence in operations consulting, education, and research.
They have extensive "hands on" experience establishing, growing and improving logistics operations in a variety of industries. They have functional expertise in a broad array of operational areas, including but not limited to:
Table?Logistics Procedures and Policies Transportation Planning and Tracking
Performance Measures Cross Docking
Benchmarking Receiving and Putaway
Customer Service Storage and Handling Systems
Order Processing Shipping
Order Picking Facilities Design
Inventory Planning and Management Lead Time Reduction Initiatives
Invoicing Continuous Improvement Programs
Forecasting Quality Assurance
Replenishment Design Logistics Information Systems
Supply Chain Integration Organizational Design
Procurement Logistics Mergers and Acquisitions
Manufacturing Engineering Operations Due Diligence
What We Can Do For You
Our Distributions and Logistics Practice team can help you to:
- Fully understand the logistical infrastructure and capabilities of the target company;
- Look "behind the curtain" within the warehouse and find any hidden surprises that may affect your decision-making or negotiations; and
- Identify discussion points and recommendations for the go-forward plans for distribution and logistics within the target company.
Questions We Will Answer On Your Behalf
The Distribution and Logistics Practice provides answers to important questions, such as:
- Is the labor force sufficiently staffed to meet current and future order volumes?
- Are the facilities well-designed? Is the level of automation appropriate? Are projected fixed asset expenditures for logistics on target or are they potentially understated?
- If orders suddenly skyrocket, will we be able to handle them or will we disappoint our customers and miss out on revenue and profit opportunities?
- Are the systems that support logistics state-of-the-art or are they based on patch-worked spaghetti code? What enhancements will be needed in the future?
- Is the warehouse operation well run? Does the logistics management know what they are doing and will they be the right people to handle operations in the future?
- Are there substantial cost savings or revenue enhancing opportunities that have not previously been identified?
Deliverables We Will Create For You
The principal deliverable prepared by the Distributions and Logistics Practice is a Logistics Assessment, which is an in-depth evaluation of the distribution and logistics functions of the target company.
When appropriate, members of our Distribution and Logistics Practice will also participate in cross-practice teams that assist with the preparation of a comprehensive Post-Merger Integration Plan for our clients who are contemplating or actively moving forward with merging two entities together.